Pharmaceutical & Medical Professionals works in partnership with pharmaceutical and medical companies to provide contractors for all areas of the business. We source candidates and provide on-going human resource and project management of the contractors to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness. Over the years Pharmaceutical & Medical Professionals has continuously improved the systems and procedures for ensuring the maximum retention and performance of contractors.
There are many advantages to companies of having a flexible labour force. Contractors have specialized skills and are commissioned to undertake specific projects. They can be provided for periods of peak activity when your own resources are stretched; for projects that require specific skills to fast track project completion; to fill in gaps following staff departure or to provide mentoring to teams within your organization.
Benefits to Clients
- We have a large number of candidates available to undertake short or long term contract roles.
- We fully support these contractors to ensure that they deliver to the standards that you require.
- We have extensive market-place knowledge regarding pay rates and conditions for contractors and can advise accordingly, thus ensuring cost-effective options.
- Our in-depth industry knowledge and understanding means that we can think laterally whilst providing contractors, thus ensuring that you have people with the right skill set to complete the job that is required.
- Our infrastructure can provide a rapid turnaround for immediate contracting needs.
For contractors our approach is comprehensive
Our service involves:
- Providing dedicated staff at Pharmaceutical & Medical Professionals to specific contractors to ensure timely follow-up on any issues, thus ensuring that contractors are not distracted.
- Ensuring that one-on-one mentoring on a range of workplace issues occurs regularly and is facilitated by our Consultants and Managers.
- Having access to a comprehensive range of industry trainers who can offer individualized assistance in a range of areas.
- Providing testing and training in Microsoft Office skills (through in-house QWIZ assessments).
- Preparation of all contracting documentation for both clients and candidates (letters of offer, confidentiality, bank account and leave forms).
- Collection, processing and payment of payroll tax and workers compensation insurances.
- Payment of Public Liability insurance to cover contractors.
- Payment of Professional Indemnity insurance to cover contractors.
- Payment of superannuation to nominated funds.
- Attending to all superannuation issues (setting up, changing funds, special arrangements).
- Collation of timesheets and clarifying issues with contractors and clients.
- Maintenance of annual leave and sick leave entitlements.
- Payment of fortnightly pays into contractor bank accounts.
- Payment of special bonuses to contractors.
- Payment of car allowances and the coordination of leases.
- Reimbursement of expenses.
- Management of any Work Cover incidents (reporting incident to Work Cover, follow-up on treatment and return to work, workplace assessments).
- On-site visits to contractors and regular communication with line managers regarding each contractor’s progress.
- Provision of a contact person for any EEO or harassment grievances.
- Compliance and audit of all contractor/employee records
- Management of statutory audits (Work Cover, ATO, Immigration).
- Dealing with all aspects of immigration for overseas candidates including determining the best process to follow (dependent on applicant’s status), collation of all documentation, payment of all fees, arranging all the necessary medical tests, liaison with the Department of Immigration through to visa approval, on-going Department of Immigration compliance (submission of monitoring reports, audit checks).